South Africa Law

Get your South African law questions answered by Experts

I'm wanting to know if a visa is required for travelling to…

Customer Question
Hello, I'm wanting...

Hello, I'm wanting to know if a visa is required for travelling to south Africa on a New Zealand passport for a three week holiday.

Lawyer's Assistant: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?

What is uscis and no I don't have any pending applications

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My husband is south African and we are visiting his mother as its her 80 birthday

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: South Africa Law
9/25/2017
Lawyer: CaseLaw, Attorney replied 11 months ago
CaseLaw
CaseLaw, Attorney

Hi there and thank you for your question,

I will try to assist you with your legal question but please feel free to ask as many follow up questions in order to clarify your initial question. If you have a new question, you must please open a new thread.

Unfortunately for you, you will need a visa to visit South Africa if you are travelling on a NZ passport.

"SA's Minister of Home Affairs, Malusi Gigaba on Tuesday, 13 December 2016, announced that travellers from New Zealand will have to obtain a visa to enter South Africa.

The new visa regulations came into effect on 21 November 2016, and now requires South Africans to pay NZ$165.00 (about R1 637.07 at R9.92/NZ$), to visit the country."

If your husband has a SA passport, obviously he can enter SA on that.

Your visa will be a spousal visa, so much easier to obtain than an normal holiday visa.

If my answer hasn't provided you with enough clarity regarding your initial question, please send me a REPLY with follow up questions so that I can continue to assist you in this same thread for as long as you need. Let me know if you need more advice - don't just rate my answer as "bad".

If my are HAPPY with my answer then please click one of the STAR ratings or the SMILEY FACES to rate my answer!

Good luck and best regards,

CaseLaw

Lawyer: CaseLaw, Attorney replied 10 months ago

Hi there again,

I see that you've read my answer and I hope that you understood the answer and that it was useful? If you have a further question please ask it, or if you need clarity on the answer please let me know.

If you're happy that I've answered your question, please leave positive feedback for me by clicking on the star / smiley face rating system!

Regards

CaseLaw