South Africa Law

Get your South African law questions answered by Experts

My client bought a truck from one of their own dealerships…

Customer Question
My client bought a...

My client bought a truck from one of their own dealerships and a 21 day permit was issued to them. Our opinion were that the permit affords him the time to register the vehicle at his nearest Vehicle registration Office and that none of his rights to use the vehicle was restricted as the vehicle passed a valid road worthy inspection and a certificate were issued to them.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the truck?

Sorry, I pressed enter by mistake. They used the truc to take a load from Newcastle to Richardsbay. On the return trip from Richardsbay the next day the truck was involved in an accident. They had no load on and the driver had a valid license. The insurance assessor now argues that they were not allowed to carry a load with the truck whilst it had the 21 day Cardboard permits on. we say no, the permit does not limit your right of use but merely affords you time to properly regiter it. the truck were also at the same time issued with a valid Road worthy Cert.

Lawyer's Assistant: Do you need to appear in court?

No still a dispute with the insurer.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: South Africa Law
9/18/2017
Lawyer: Christiaan K,
 replied 11 months ago
Christiaan K

Good day

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you in answering your question today so please feel free to ask as many follow-up questions as you like until you are satisfied that I have answered your question.

What exactly did the assessor say/write to you. The eaxact words please.