South Africa Law

Get your South African law questions answered by Experts

I have a question regarding extortion via whats app, Eastern…

Customer Question
I have a question...

I have a question regarding extortion via whats app

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

Eastern Cape is where i am as far as i know the lady is in Cape Town

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Not yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I am wanting to know if i have a case and how i go about laying charges

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: South Africa Law
i have done my payment
9/12/2017
Lawyer: Christiaan K,
 replied 11 months ago
Christiaan K

Good day

My name is ***** ***** I will assistyou in answering your question today so please feel free to ask as manyfollow-up questions as you like until you are satisfied that I have answeredyour question.

If you have been threatened do do anything or to refrain from doing something or else, then you are being extorted and you can lay criminal charges by simply going to your nearest SAPS office where they will take your affidavit and open a case.

The SAPS will then investigate and approach the guilty party to get his version in writing whereafter the case docket will be presented to a public prosecutor to decide if they are going to charge the wrongdoer.

If he is charged, he will appear in court where a trial will be held and you will have to testify if he pleads not guilty. The SAPS will subpoena you to appear in court before the trial date.

I trust that this answered your question. If you have a follow up question, I will only be able to reply later so please be patient.

Please be so kind as to rate my service by clicking on the relevant stars or smiley faces. If you do not rate my service, I do not get paid by the website so I would really appreciate it if you would be sokind as to rate my service positively.

Kind regards