How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Christiaan K Your Own Question
Christiaan K
Christiaan K,
Category: South Africa Law
Satisfied Customers: 135
Experience:  Attorney & Director at Lombard Kotze Incorporated
Type Your South Africa Law Question Here...
Christiaan K is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a question regarding extortion via whats app, Eastern

Customer Question

i have a question regarding extortion via whats app
JA: In what state did this occur?
Customer: Eastern Cape is where i am as far as i know the lady is in Cape Town
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: not yet
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i am wanting to know if i have a case and how i go about laying charges
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: South Africa Law
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i have done my payment
Expert:  Christiaan K replied 1 month ago.

Good day

My name is ***** ***** I will assistyou in answering your question today so please feel free to ask as manyfollow-up questions as you like until you are satisfied that I have answeredyour question.

If you have been threatened do do anything or to refrain from doing something or else, then you are being extorted and you can lay criminal charges by simply going to your nearest SAPS office where they will take your affidavit and open a case.

The SAPS will then investigate and approach the guilty party to get his version in writing whereafter the case docket will be presented to a public prosecutor to decide if they are going to charge the wrongdoer.

If he is charged, he will appear in court where a trial will be held and you will have to testify if he pleads not guilty. The SAPS will subpoena you to appear in court before the trial date.

I trust that this answered your question. If you have a follow up question, I will only be able to reply later so please be patient.

Please be so kind as to rate my service by clicking on the relevant stars or smiley faces. If you do not rate my service, I do not get paid by the website so I would really appreciate it if you would be sokind as to rate my service positively.

Kind regards