South Africa Law

Get your South African law questions answered by Experts

In SA do you HAVE to inform someone that a conversation is…

Customer Question
In SA do you...

In SA do you HAVE to inform someone that a conversation is being voice recorded or ask their permission for you to be able to utilize the evidence in a Labour Matter at the CCMA or Labour Court?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And can you tell me a little more about the charge?

This is in Gauteng, it's a long story but I'll try and be concise.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

MY line manager was ill treating myself and my team and I commenced the grievance process; I have since been made out to be a liar an dismissed for dishonesty and insubordination; i have recordings can I use them?

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: South Africa Law
9/6/2017
Lawyer: Freddie Lombard, Attorney replied 10 months ago
Freddie Lombard
Freddie Lombard, Attorney

Hi I'm Freddie,

Welcome to Just Answer. Thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will post a reply here ASAP.

Regards

Yes, you can absolutely use them.

As long as you were part of the conversation you do not need to get anybody's permission to record the conversation of which you are a part.

I hope this answered your question.

I know it will take an extra minute of your time to rate my service, but if you do not rate it, I do not get paid by the website so I would really appreciate it if you would be so kind as to rate my service positively. Feel free to ask further questions here on this topic at no extra cost if you need more information.

Regards