CaseLaw
CaseLaw, Attorney
Experience:  BCom; LLB; Masters in Law
31036262

I would like to terminate my domestic workers employment

Customer Question

I would like to terminate my domestic workers employment because we are outsourcing the function. What do I need to do?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I'm in South Africa
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Gauteng Province
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: South Africa Law
Expert:  CaseLaw replied 2 months ago.

Hi there and thank you for your question,

I will try to assist you with your legal question but please feel free to ask as many follow up questions in order to clarify your initial question. If you have a new question, you must please open a new thread.

There is an article entitled What's the right retrenchment procedure? which you should read which describes the process. There are many other articles available on the same website which also deals with retrenchments and dismissing staff. I think that you should spend some time reading these articles and then come back here to ask a specific question which you need guidance on.

The article is available here: http://www.labourguide.co.za/retrenchment/735-whats-the-right-retrenchment-procedure

If my answer hasn't provided you with enough clarity regarding your initial question, please send me a REPLY with follow up questions so that I can continue to assist you in this same thread for as long as you need. Let me know if you need more advice - don't just rate my answer as "bad".

If my are HAPPY with my answer then please click one of the STAR ratings or the SMILEY FACES to rate my answer!

Good luck and best regards,

CaseLaw

Expert:  CaseLaw replied 2 months ago.

Hi there again,

I see that you've read my answer and I hope that you understood the answer and that it was useful? If you have a further question please ask it, or if you need clarity on the answer please let me know.

If you're happy that I've answered your question, please leave positive feedback for me by clicking on the star / smiley face rating system!

Regards

CaseLaw