How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Barend B. Your Own Question
Barend B.
Barend B., Legal Consultant
Category: South Africa Law
Satisfied Customers: 1364
Experience:  BLC LLB (Pret) LLM (Augsburg)
Type Your South Africa Law Question Here...
Barend B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Need assistance with child maintenance not being paid.

Customer Question

Need assistance with child maintenance not being paid.
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: South Africa Law
Expert:  CaseLaw replied 2 months ago.

Hi there,

I will try to assist you with your legal question but please feel free to ask as many follow up questions in order to clarify your initial question. If you have a new question, you must please open a new thread. This is a further information request so that I can provide you a proper answer to your legal question. Please continue in this same question thread.

Do you have any existing maintenance order in place that you've got from the Magistrates Court?

Or, has the father just been paying you maintenance previously without any court order?

Awaiting your further information.



Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi,Hope you are well.Long story short, my fiancé's ex-husband refused to pay anything for his child.
A few months ago she got divorced, according to the summons and approved by die court he has to pay the following:
Medical Aid, School fees, R2500 cash. He simply refuses to pay this, he is moving in with another woman and her 2-3 children and simplay says he won't pay it.He is a alcohol abuser, he is forcing his child into his new relationship, she doesn't know the woman or the children. What are we to do regarding the maintenance? Can a lawyer call him and demand it? As concerned mom and stepdad, what can we do regarding out 11 year old daughter that is part of alcohol abuse and being emotional broken down? He keeps telling her stuff like if she loves me he will kill himself, she is not allowed to come close to me when he picks her up otherwise he gets aggrevated, he keeps telling lies to her every second weekend when he sees her to make us out as the bad people but he never does anything for her? What are we to do in this 2 cases and how can you assist?We have the letter says she is divorced and in court we said what we wanted and the high judge approved everything.
He also received the summons as he refused to be part in anything as he 'has not time'.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi, still there? This is fairly important.