South Africa Law

Get your South African law questions answered by Experts

I would like to know what the different duties are of an…

Customer Question
Hi, I would like...

Hi, I would like to know what the different duties are of an executor and assisting attorney.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Johannesburg

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

The executor has been appointed, however, the assisting attorney refuses to give the executor the original documents from the master, death certificate, ID, etc.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I just need to know how to proceed as the lawyer is "holding the documents hostage"

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: South Africa Law
8/1/2017
Lawyer: Freddie Lombard, Attorney replied 1 year ago
Freddie Lombard
Freddie Lombard, Attorney

Hi I'm Freddie,

Welcome to Just Answer. Thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will post a reply here ASAP.

Regards

Before I can answer you I need some more information.

Is there a dispute between the attorney and the executor?

Why is the attorney "holding documents hostage"?

Why does the executor need the original documents?

Regards