South Africa Law

Get your South African law questions answered by Experts

Thank you for welcoming me. I bought a car from Maritime…

Customer Question
Hi, thank you for...

Hi, thank you for welcoming me. I bought a car from Maritime Motors in PE. we agreed on R10700 installment but they are deduction R200 which is R500 more. I have been complaining to them and referred from pillar to post. It has been over 7 months since deductions started. How can you help me? Benz is selling and financing it is not like its another bank.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

Soputh Africa Eastern Cape. I bought the car in October 2016. The dealer was also shocked when I told him about the new installment and promised to help.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I have sent them several emails, calls, texts, etc.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Do I have a case here? I am suffering because I had to choose between them and Standard bank, when I told them about their installment they reduced theirs to lure. me.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: South Africa Law
7/31/2017
Lawyer: Christiaan K,
 replied 11 months ago
Christiaan K

Good day

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you in answering your question today so please feel free to ask as many follow-up questions as you like until you are satisfied that I have answered your question.

I do not really understand this pat of your question "we agreed on R10700 installment but they are deduction R200 which is R500 more" but I think that the gist of it is that you are paying more that what you were told you would have to pay.

My guess is that your agreement might be based on a variable interest rate. You should peruse your finance agreement to see if this is indeed the case. If the deal or your installment were misrepresented to you, then you can lodge a complaint at the financial services ombudsman. They have the authority to penalise a company severely if they are guilty of misleading you and the best is that it will not cost you anything. Often, the mere threat of lodging a complaint with FIAS will result in your dispute's resolution.

I trust that this answered yourquestion.

Please beso kind as to rate my service by clicking on the relevant stars or smiley faces. If you do not rate my service, I donot get paid by the website so I would really appreciate it if you would be sokind as to rate my service positively.

Kind regards