Christiaan K
Christiaan K,
Experience:  Attorney & Director at Lombard Kotze Incorporated
98030593

HiI would like to know as to how to register a church in

Customer Question

HiI would like to know as to how to register a church in south Africa. I am the pastor based in UK. what do I need to do or have to get the church registered?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: the church is based in Johannesburg
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: not yet
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: not at the moment
Category: South Africa Law
Expert:  Christiaan K replied 2 months ago.

Good day

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you in answering your question today so please feel free to ask as manyfollow-up questions as you like until you are satisfied that I have answered your question.

There are no formalities for registering a church in South Africa. You do not need to register the church per se. There is a number of other possible registrations that might be applicable for some churches like for instance registering it as a non-profit organisation for tax rebate purposes, registering at the department of labour for employees and uninployment insurance as well as workmans compensation but no need to register the institution as a church.

I trust that this answered your question.

Please beso kind as to rate my service by clicking on the relevant stars or smiley faces. If you do not rate my service, I donot get paid by the website so I would really appreciate it if you would be sokind as to rate my service positively.

Kind regards