Freddie Lombard
Freddie Lombard, Attorney
Experience:  Practicing attorney and conveyancer with 16 years post article experience.
75614155

How from date of granting interim protection order does one

Customer Question

how long from date of granting interim protection order does one have to serve it on the respondent?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: gauteng
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: as far as i know yes on 22 december but not served on me yet
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no its all lies and ill defend in front of magistrate
Category: South Africa Law
Expert:  Freddie Lombard replied 9 months ago.

Hi there

Thank you for your question. I will try to assist you in answering it today but please feel free to ask as many follow up questions as you like until you are 100% satisfied.

There is no rule that states it must be done within a specific time. It must just be done as soon as possible before the return date on the interim order. If it cannot be served before the return date, the court may grant an extension of the interim order on application by the applicant.

I hope this answered your question.

I know it will take an extra minute of your time to rate my service, but if you do not rate it, I do not get paid by the website so I would really appreciate it if you would be so kind asto rate my service positively. Feel free to ask further question here on this topic at no extra cost if you need more information.

Regards