CaseLaw
CaseLaw, Attorney
Experience:  BCom; LLB; Masters in Law
31036262

My property was sold by FNB on the quick sell program and

Customer Question

My property was sold by FNB on the quick sell program and they later told me that there was an outstanding amount which I never paid. This now has given me a bad credit record. Now i want to start paying but I want them to take the interest off. Is it possible to do that?
Category: South Africa Law
Expert:  CaseLaw replied 9 months ago.

Hi there and thank you for your question,

I will try to assist you with your legal question but please feel free to ask as many follow up questions as you like until you are 100% satisfied.

There is unfortuantely no legal obligation on FNB to take the interest off the amount. They were also entitled (if there was an outstanding amount) to list you as a bad payer. Unfortunately they can do that.

The only way that they will take the interest off is by agreement. You should write to them and request them to remove (or waive) the interest on the basis that you can't afford to pay it.

Hopefully they will come to the party and assist you!

If my answer hasn't answered all of your questions, please send me a REPLY with follow up questions so that I can continue to assist you in this same thread for as long as you need. Let me know if you need more advice - dont just rate my answer as "bad".

If my are HAPPY with my answer then please click one of the STAR ratings or the SMILEY FACES to rate my answer!

Good luck and best regards,

CaseLaw

Expert:  CaseLaw replied 8 months ago.

Hi there again,

I see that you've read my answer and I hope that you understood the answer and that it was useful? If you have a further question please ask it, or if you need clarity on the answer please let me know.

If you're happy that I've answered your question, please leave positive feedback for me.

Regards

CaseLaw