How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Freddie Lombard Your Own Question
Freddie Lombard
Freddie Lombard, Attorney
Category: South Africa Law
Satisfied Customers: 2669
Experience:  Practicing attorney and conveyancer with 16 years post article experience.
Type Your South Africa Law Question Here...
Freddie Lombard is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I lost 17800 into another customers account simillar to mine

Customer Question

I lost 17800 into another customers account simillar to mine last nite, and my bank says they can' t retrieve it though the other person accepts the mistake that happened what can I do?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: frestate south africa
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I called business desk immediatly and they said I must wait till the branch open, and in the branch they called the person who agreed to go to his branch to make atransfer but never did till now.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I need to know if this is right for the bank not attempt to hold the money untill the customer goes to the branch.
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: South Africa Law
Expert:  Freddie Lombard replied 10 months ago.

Hi there

Thank you for your question. I will try to assist you in answering it today but please feel free to ask as many follow up questions as you like until you are 100% satisfied.

I am afraid there is no easy answer. If the person is unwilling to refund the money you will have to get an attorney to issue summons. The sooner the better.

I would suggest you ask an attorney to call the person and write a letter of demand, demanding that they refund you immediately. If they fail, you should issue summons without delay. The sooner you act the bigger your chances of getting back your money right away.

I hope this answered your question.

I know it will take an extra minute of your time to rate my service, but if you do not rate it, I do not get paid by the website so I would really appreciate it if you would be so kind as to rate my service positively. Feel free to ask further question here on this topic at no extra cost if you need more information.


Customer: replied 10 months ago.
what actually happed is the person is wiling but the bank is the 1 that is hasitant in gi ing a better way in this as I see it the person assums tht thiz is a scamm from somewhere else is not even sure the bank is calling because they don't even try to persure him into a nearest branch.
And finding the layer is imposible I dont havee full namee or phone number for a person.
Expert:  Freddie Lombard replied 10 months ago.

An attorney will be able to assist you with tracing the details. If the bank is unhelpful, get an attorney to assist you.

If he is traced and contacted by an attorney, he will know it is not a scam.

Please remember to rate.