How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Barend B. Your Own Question
Barend B.
Barend B., Legal Consultant
Category: South Africa Law
Satisfied Customers: 1364
Experience:  BLC LLB (Pret) LLM (Augsburg)
Type Your South Africa Law Question Here...
Barend B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am just starting the process of applying for resumption of

Customer Question

Hi Pearl - I am just starting the process of applying for resumption of my SA citizenship and need PDF copies of the forms DHA-175, DHA-52 and DHA-9. Appears that these are no longer available on the Dept of Home Affairs website in downloadable format - can you assist please?
JA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?
Customer: Not sure that i understand your question?
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No I just need PDF copies ofthe listed forms - I will do the rest
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: South Africa Law
Expert:  Barend B. replied 11 months ago.

Good morning,

As far as I know these forms can only be obtained in a Home Affairs office, and the last time I checked, they did not allow anyone to walk out with bank forms.

This notice is on their website, which I'm sure you've also noticed.

Forms will no longer be available from this website.

Please visit your nearest Home Affairs office to obtain ORIGINAL APPLICATION FORMS

& necessary information.

I also doubt that the resumption of citizenship is available on the DHA's e-services portal.

I do not think you should be liable to pay for this answer, since it is information that you already knew. Therefore you should not rate my answer at all.



Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks for your reply and the offer that I not pay - I note that my credit card has already been debited, are you able to arrange for the reversal thereof?
Many thanks
Michael *****
Expert:  Barend B. replied 11 months ago.

Good evening Michael,

I will refer it to the moderators and they will hopefully be able to assist.