How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CaseLaw Your Own Question
CaseLaw, Attorney
Category: South Africa Law
Satisfied Customers: 1557
Experience:  BCom; LLB; Masters in Law
Type Your South Africa Law Question Here...
CaseLaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Not married to my ex. She deprived me of my daughter for 20

Customer Question

Not married to my ex. She deprived me of my daughter for 20 months until i aproch the courts now we have a shared custody I'll say cause my 2yr old daughter spends 7 days with me and 7 days with her. She doesn't contribute on school fees and medical aid. Now she moved to onother province cause she says I'm getting attached to our daughter. So now the child must drop school cause she says it doesn't matter cause she to young. Now what about the money that I'll pay till the end of the year. I want the best for my daughter as education is very important to me
JA: Because education law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: In rsa
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes we have a court order and the social worker had to do a home visit and child assessment.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: In need my daughter to be in the city not the rural area where the is no running water and infrastructure. She has now gained confidence and addepting very well to the life style we exposing her to
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: South Africa Law
Expert:  CaseLaw replied 10 months ago.

Hi there and thank you for your question,

I will try to assist you with your legal question but please feel free to ask as many follow up questions as you like until you are 100% satisfied.

Your daughter's mother can't just move to another city/town and take your daughter with. You have a right of access to your child, and if the mother wants to take the daughter away, she is infringing on your right of access.

If the mother wants to move away then she can, but she can't take your daughter - especially if you already have a court order in place!

My advice is to tell the mother No, she can't take your daughter. If the mother refuses, then you must get the social working involved!

If my answer hasn't answered all of your questions, please send me a REPLY with follow up questions so that I can continue to assist you in this same thread for as long as you need. Let me know if you need more advice - dont just rate my answer as "bad".

If my are HAPPY with my answer then please click one of the STAR ratings or the SMILEY FACES to rate my answer!

Good luck and best regards,


Expert:  CaseLaw replied 10 months ago.

Hi there again,

I see that you've NOT yet read my answer. Do you still need assistance?

If you have a further questions please can you rate my answers above as positive; and then ask further questions if you need clarity on the answer provided.