How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask WCLawyer Your Own Question
WCLawyer, Attorney
Category: South Africa Law
Satisfied Customers: 15603
Experience:  L.LB (UOVS)
Type Your South Africa Law Question Here...
WCLawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I would like to know more about road accident fund .i have a

Customer Question

JA: Hi. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: i would like to know more about road accident fund .i have a brother who recently applied for it now the problem he had another accident which am not sure what happen so the same leg that was injured on prev acc was hurt n broken again , now he was wondering if he could apply for disability grant since he cannot work ?
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: am not sure bcoz his id was not with him at the time of the sec incident
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes can anyone without bank account apply for the RAF
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: South Africa Law
Expert:  WCLawyer replied 9 months ago.

Hi there.

If you were in an accident involving a motor vehicle on a public road, then you can claim from the RAF. I would, however, recommend that you use the services of a specialised personal injury attorney. You can get information from or from your nearest law society. These types of attorneys normally fight your case for free and only gets paid if you are successful with your claim against the RAF. So I suggest that he find a specialised RAF attorney to verify if he has a case. It should not cost him anything.