How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: South Africa Law
Satisfied Customers: 34282
Experience:  family solictor with 25 years experience
Type Your South Africa Law Question Here...
Clare is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am trying to find out information regarding a parent

Customer Question

I am trying to find out information regarding a parent removing a child to another country. Are you able to help with this?
JA: No. I'm the Lawyer's Assistant.
Customer: So you cant give any information?
JA: OK. The Lawyer will need to help you with this.
Customer: What lawyer/
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Not yet
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: Im applying for an ancestral visa to relocate to the UK. My child's father has given consent but I have now been told that consent is not enough. Some people say that he needs to relinquish parental rights and I am trying to find out if that is correct??
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: South Africa Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Which country are you coming from?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
From South Africa to the UK
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Provided you have the written consent of the father to the permanent removal of the child to the Uk then that is all that is required so far as the UK is concerned

Please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is that all that is required in terms of South African Law and the removal of the child from the country?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

There is no requirement under the law of either country that a parent relinquish parental rights in these circumstances