How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Freddie Lombard Your Own Question
Freddie Lombard
Freddie Lombard, Attorney
Category: South Africa Law
Satisfied Customers: 2630
Experience:  Practicing attorney and conveyancer with 16 years post article experience.
Type Your South Africa Law Question Here...
Freddie Lombard is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We are married in community of properties,but before our I

Customer Question

We are married in community of properties,but before our I was having a house, which I sold for us to have bigger house, a decision we took collectively.we buy the house then after in my wife's name. After few years I gave up my job for full time farming, out of this marriage no kids were born. But I am having kids before marriage with other woman.
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: Sorry Pearl, my story is not yet done. After a couple of yearsour relationship did turn in to a nightmare. My wife who stays with her three children in our home told me that she doesn't have affection for me anymore now few years, realized this long time ago but I tried to fix but it's still don't work., I suggest that we should failed for divorce, she didn't intend doing that. She was married before us. What stand me to do? I didn't consult a lawyer yet.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Lawyer should know?
Customer: We have used this house as security for theat agricultural bank loan. She's still paying for the house, lonn is still outstanding.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: South Africa Law
Expert:  Freddie Lombard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there

Thank you for your question. I will try to assist you in answering it today but please feel free to ask as many follow up questions as you like until you are 100% satisfied.

If you are married in community of property then you only have one estate of which the nett value must be divided equally between you and her. Usually you will reach some sort of agreement as to how the assets will be divided and the debt paid but if no agreement can be reached, it happens that assets is sold to pay of the debt.

Once you have consulted an attorney he will assist you in drafting a summons and maybe even a settlement proposal to your wife.

I hope this answered your question but please let me know if you have any specific questions that you need me to answer.

I know it will take an extra minute of your time to rate my service, but if you do not rate it, I do not get paid by the website so I would really appreciate it if you would be so kind as to rate my service positively. Feel free to ask further question here on this topic at no extra cost if you need more information.


Expert:  Freddie Lombard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

I have noticed that you have not yet rated my service and consequently I am not sure if you still need help from me or if you are satisfied. Have I answered all your questions/concerns?

Please rate my service positively if you are satisfied.

Kind regards

Related South Africa Law Questions