How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Freddie Lombard Your Own Question
Freddie Lombard
Freddie Lombard, Attorney
Category: South Africa Law
Satisfied Customers: 2636
Experience:  Practicing attorney and conveyancer with 16 years post article experience.
Type Your South Africa Law Question Here...
Freddie Lombard is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

A female who works with my husband sexually assaulted him in

Customer Question

A female who works with my husband sexually assaulted him in an inappropriate manner at a work function attended by spouses. I was witness to her inappropriate behavior. Her actions have now substantially effected my marriage and relationships with my husband. Do I have any civil right again this women. My husband reported the incident and his area manager suggested to him for the sake of moving forward that he should accept an apology. He did just that, but now he still has dealings with her and this makes me feel very uncomfortable, I can not get past her actions and tried to put it behind. Do I have any rights or say in this mater. She not only violated my husband but I too feel violated, she has disrespected our vows, our religion and disrespected us as people as well as our marriage.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: South Africa Law
Expert:  Freddie Lombard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there

Thank you for your question. I will try to assist you in answering it today but please feel free to ask as many follow up questions as you like until you are 100% satisfied.

I am afraid that I do not have good news for you. Traditionally the only actions open to you would have been based on Adultery of Alienation of Affection. I am not going to go into a discussion of these grounds apart from simply stating that none of them will be available to you in the circumstances mentioned.

Your husband is at this stage the only person who might be able to lay a criminal complaint against her or internally charge her with the employer for her improper behavior. The employer is obliged to take remedial action but since your husband (seems to) have accepted her apology, I doubt that the employer will give her a serious sanction if at all.

The best that you might be able to do is to, with the consent of your husband, send her a letter from an attorney demanding that she limit any contact with your husband to work related and that she abstain from making any inappropriate advances.

I know that this was possibly not the answer you were hoping for but please bear in mind that I am obliged to supply you with sound legal advice in accordance with the current legal position and that I am not able to change the laws to suit your case.

I therefore ask that you keep this in mind when rating my service and that you will rate my service, irrespective whether you like my answer of not.

I know it will take an extra minute of your time to rate my service, but if you do not rate it, I do not get paid by the website so I would really appreciate it if you would be so kind as to rate my service positively. Feel free to ask further question here on this topic at no extra cost if you need more information.


Expert:  Freddie Lombard replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

This is just a quick note to follow up. Did you find my answer helpful? Is there anything else I can assist you with before you rate the service? Please note that I do not get paid if you do not rate.