How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Barend B. Your Own Question
Barend B.
Barend B., Legal Consultant
Category: South Africa Law
Satisfied Customers: 1356
Experience:  BLC LLB (Pret) LLM (Augsburg)
Type Your South Africa Law Question Here...
Barend B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son 17 years old is arrested in possession

Customer Question

Hi, my son 17 years old is arrested for being in possession of dagga this afternoon. He is in the cell at the moment. What should we do
JA: My brothers got into lots of trouble with the law when they were young. The Criminal Lawyer will know how to get you the best outcome. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No not sure what to do
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Criminal Lawyer can help you best. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: I have not much detail other than last month I took him for the first time for a drug test because it's been a while that I have been suspecting it but refuse to believe my instinct since he convinces me otherwise.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Criminal Lawyer should know?
Customer: When he was tested it was positive and the doctor asked him to go for help. When we came home we asked him to go for counciling or rehab he said he is not addicted. And no need
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Criminal Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: South Africa Law
Expert:  gradycolleen replied 1 year ago.
Hello. I will help you with your questions. I have been an attorney for 27 years and a district attorney for 9 years. Please let me know the following so I can help you:What state and county are you in?What are the charges? Is he charged with a felony or misdemeanor?Does your son have prior convictions?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
South Africa Cape Town , not sure what are the charged, no previous convictions.
Expert:  gradycolleen replied 1 year ago.
I am going to opt out. I am in the US. You should have an expert in South Africa handle this.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok plz I need help now
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Too late so will not require
Expert:  CaseLaw replied 1 year ago.
Hi there, This is a further information request so that I can provide you a proper answer to your legal question. Please continue in this same question thread.How or where was your son arrested? What were the circumstances? How much dagga did he have on him?Awaiting your further information.RegardsCaseLaw