How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Freddie Lombard Your Own Question
Freddie Lombard
Freddie Lombard, Attorney
Category: South Africa Law
Satisfied Customers: 2630
Experience:  Practicing attorney and conveyancer with 16 years post article experience.
Type Your South Africa Law Question Here...
Freddie Lombard is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had a charge driving in south Africa 25 years ago

This answer was rated:

I had a charge for drunk driving in south Africa 25 years ago wich I never went to court for. If I return will I still face this charge?
JA: OK. The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: Left to return back to the uk in 1990 before I went to court for the charge
JA: Anything else I can tell the Lawyer before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.

Hi there

Thank you for your question. I will try to assist you in answering it today but please feel free to ask as many follow up questions as you like until you are 100% satisfied.

It is difficult to answer this question as it is technically possible that you can be charged but having said that, chances are extremely small of this happening. Firstly because the test samples will have been destroyed, witnesses might be dead or not reachable to testify. Even if they can be reached, they will not be able to remember anything and the records will have been long lost since this is hardly considered a priority crime.

Even though I cannot guarantee anything, I would not worry to much about this. Even if they do miraculously decide to prosecute you they will find it almost impossible to get a conviction.

I hope this answered your question.

I know it will take an extra minute of your time to rate my service, but if you do not rate it, I do not get paid by the website so I would really appreciate it if you would be so kind as to rate my service positively. Feel free to ask further question here on this topic at no extra cost if you need more information.


Hi there,

I have noticed that you have not yet rated my service and consequently I am not sure if you still need help from me or if you are satisfied.

Please rate my service positively if you are satisfied.

Kind regards

Freddie Lombard and other South Africa Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 23 days ago.
Can I be arrested when I go to the country?

Thank you so much for the positive rating. I hope I can be of assistance to you again in the future.

You may request me personally.


Related South Africa Law Questions