Freddie Lombard
Freddie Lombard, Attorney
Experience:  Practicing attorney and conveyancer with 16 years post article experience.
75614155

I am a business owner i recently finished an order client

Customer Question

i am a business owner i recently finished an order for a client worth 86k i was paid the first deposit the second deposit when the goods are done. I delivered the goods and my client signed off allowing me to get my second half. After a couple of weeks my client said that they were not happy with the goods . I told them that they had signed of and were happy with the goods when i delivered them but they were inline with the samples they had approved . Now my client wants to lay fraud charges against me do i have exposure
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Lawyer should know?
Customer: no i think that is all
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Category: South Africa Law
Expert:  Freddie Lombard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there

Thank you for your question. I will try to assist you in answering it today but please feel free to ask as many follow up questions as you like until you are 100% satisfied.

On what basis and for what reason does he want to lay criminal charges against you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
because they assume the goods where of an inferior quality
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
basically i work in uniforms i provided uniforms to a hotel . I first created a sample and they approved the samples then i went on to produce the uniforms . I did fittings whereby the staffers tried on their new uniforms and signed of on each item of clothing. Once i had completed this i then delivered the goods and they signed off and payment was released . after a month they began telling me that their uniforms were of infirior quality. Do i have exposure ?

Unless you have specified the goods as something they are not, then they do not have a snowball's chance in ... of proving that you committed fraud. If for instance you sold then a certain branded product and then delivered some knock off, they may have a case but even then, chances are that the state will refuse to prosecute and urge then to take civil action.

From your side, if you are satisfied that you delivered what they ordered, you can also issue summons against them for the balance of the amount they owe you.

I hope this answered your question.

I know it will take an extra minute of your time to rate my service, but if you do not rate it, I do not get paid by the website so I would really appreciate it if you would be so kind as to rate my service positively. Feel free to ask further question here on this topic at no extra cost if you need more information.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello ?

From your "hello?" I assume that you did not see my answer that I posted at 13:20 and accordingly I will copy and paste:

I hope this answered your question.

Regards

Did you receive my answer?