South Africa Law

Get your South African law questions answered by Experts

Choose an Expert and type your question here...I have

Customer Question
applied for a loan on...
Choose an Expert and type your question here...I have applied for a loan on the 27 of January from Casview loans Company in Cape Town for R 80 000 to pay off some debt. In their contract they ask only for a fee of R2600 for their lawyer and it will take 1 to 2 hours to transfer the money into my account. Up until now I had paid R23 500 for all sorts of fees like the National Credit Regulator, bank fees, internet fees etc. I still have not received the loan money and they now requested another R1800 for the bank transfer. I cannot believe that I have been so stupid to believe this Dr Johnson *****. Is there a way that I can get my money back or fors them to pay the loan money? I am really desperate and I am now even deeper in debt.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: South Africa Law
3/2/2016
Lawyer: CaseLaw, Attorney replied 2 years ago
CaseLaw
CaseLaw, Attorney

Hi there and thank you for your question,

I will try to assist you with your legal question but please feel free to ask as many follow up questions as you like until you are 100% satisfied.

I'm sorry to say this but I think that you've been scammed by Casview loans Company in Cape Town!

I think that this is a fraud that the company / the directors of the company have committed, which is actually a crime.

Your options are either to report this matter to the police and ask them to investigate the fraud (obviously they will need copies of ALL information that you can give them, including the company name, the email address, telephone numbers, bank account details of where you paid the money, etc) and then the police will arrest and prosecute the guy. OR you can treat this as a civil matter and sue the guy for your money back.

In my opinion the criminal route is the best.

As part of the criminal conviction the fraudster can be ordered to pay back the money, and the Magistrate can even order that his assets be attached by the sheriff to sell to give you the money back.

Please note that this will NOT be a quick solution. It might take between 6 months to a year!

You need to start step 1 and print everything out; write a statement with dates and descriptions of what happened as best as you can; and then open a case of fraud with the police. Tell the police that it is NOT a civil dispute. This is a case of FRAUD and you want them to investigate it!

If my answer hasn't answered all of your questions, please send me a REPLY with follow up questions so that I can continue to assist you in this same thread for as long as you need. Let me know if you need more advice - dont just rate my answer as "bad".

If my are HAPPY with my answer then please click one of the STAR ratings or the SMILEY FACES to rate my answer!

Good luck and best regards,

CaseLaw

Thank you for your answer! Is there a time limit for the reporting of this because I will only be able to do this next weet.

No there is no time limit. But you should do it sooner than later!

Good luck and best regards,

CaseLaw

Hi there again,

I hope that you understood the above advice and that it was useful? Please leave positive feedback for me.

If you have a further question please ask it?

Regards

CaseLaw