How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Freddie Lombard Your Own Question
Freddie Lombard
Freddie Lombard, Attorney
Category: South Africa Law
Satisfied Customers: 2610
Experience:  Practicing attorney and conveyancer with 16 years post article experience.
Type Your South Africa Law Question Here...
Freddie Lombard is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What are the chances I will get the money back I have given

Customer Question

What are the chances I will get the money back I have given hm
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: South Africa Law
Expert:  Freddie Lombard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there

It seems that your question is a follow up question on a previous question you asked but I am not sure to what previous question it refers.

As an independent expert who answers SA Legal Questions on this website, I cannot see your name or previous post so I would need you to elaborate a bit before I will be able to answer your question.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My boyfriend is in Africe and is being detained because he didn't pay his workers as he has a check that no bank in Africa will cash. I have given him a lot of money and have been told that his is a scan. How can I get my money back
Expert:  Freddie Lombard replied 1 year ago.

I am afraid that there is but one option available to you namely to have an attorney issue summons against him for payment of the amount that you loaned to him.

The fact that he is somewhere in Africa makes it a bit difficult due to jurisdictional issues and it might end up being not financially viable but that will depend on the specific facts so you will have to consult with an attorney in order to establish if you have any chances of successfully claiming the money back and to establish if it will be financially viable to proceed with legal action.

I know that this was possibly not the answer you were hoping for but please bear in mind that I am obliged to supply you with sound legal advice in accordance with the current legal position and that I am not able to change the laws to suit your case.

I therefore ask that you keep this in mind when rating my service and that you will rate my service, irrespective whether you like my answer of not.

If you need more information on this topic please feel free to ask more at no extra cost.

If you are satisfied that I answered your question correctly, please give this service a positive rating.


Expert:  Freddie Lombard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

I have noticed that you have not yet rated my service and consequently I am not sure if you still need help from me or if you are satisfied.

Please rate my service positively if you are satisfied.

Kind regards