South Africa Law

Get your South African law questions answered by Experts

What are the chances I will get the money back I have given…

Customer Question
What are the chances I...
What are the chances I will get the money back I have given hm
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: South Africa Law
2/22/2016
Lawyer: Freddie Lombard, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Freddie Lombard
Freddie Lombard, Attorney

Hi there

It seems that your question is a follow up question on a previous question you asked but I am not sure to what previous question it refers.

As an independent expert who answers SA Legal Questions on this website, I cannot see your name or previous post so I would need you to elaborate a bit before I will be able to answer your question.

My boyfriend is in Africe and is being detained because he didn't pay his workers as he has a check that no bank in Africa will cash. I have given him a lot of money and have been told that his is a scan. How can I get my money back

I am afraid that there is but one option available to you namely to have an attorney issue summons against him for payment of the amount that you loaned to him.

The fact that he is somewhere in Africa makes it a bit difficult due to jurisdictional issues and it might end up being not financially viable but that will depend on the specific facts so you will have to consult with an attorney in order to establish if you have any chances of successfully claiming the money back and to establish if it will be financially viable to proceed with legal action.

I know that this was possibly not the answer you were hoping for but please bear in mind that I am obliged to supply you with sound legal advice in accordance with the current legal position and that I am not able to change the laws to suit your case.

I therefore ask that you keep this in mind when rating my service and that you will rate my service, irrespective whether you like my answer of not.

If you need more information on this topic please feel free to ask more at no extra cost.

If you are satisfied that I answered your question correctly, please give this service a positive rating.

Regards

Hi there,

I have noticed that you have not yet rated my service and consequently I am not sure if you still need help from me or if you are satisfied.

Please rate my service positively if you are satisfied.

Kind regards