How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CaseLaw Your Own Question
CaseLaw, Attorney
Category: South Africa Law
Satisfied Customers: 1534
Experience:  BCom; LLB; Masters in Law
Type Your South Africa Law Question Here...
CaseLaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Appartment above mine installed a second toilet incorrectly

Customer Question

appartment above mine installed a second toilet incorrectly and without permission installed sewerage pipes on my balcony, since installation i have water stained cielings
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: South Africa Law
Expert:  CaseLaw replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and thank you for your question,

I will try to assist you with your legal question but please feel free to ask as many follow up questions as you like until you are 100% satisfied.

If the owner of the apartment did this installation without the permission of the Body Corporate (I'm assuming that there is a Body Corporate involved in this building) then your solution is quite simple:- Complain to the Body Corporate and make them to something about it.

The owner MUST have obtained permission from the Body Corporate before he could build the further toilet, and he MUST have obtained your personal permission before he could install pipes on your balcony.

The owner CAN'T simply do this without permission of the Body Corporate, or without your permission.

He just can't.

Your only course of action is to make the Body Corporate get the owner to comply!

You should do this in writing, addressed to the Chairperson of the Body Corporate.

If my answer hasn't answered all of your questions, please send me a REPLY with follow up questions so that I can continue to assist you in this same thread for as long as you need. Let me know if you need more advice - dont just rate my answer as "bad".

If my are HAPPY with my answer then please click one of the STAR ratings or the SMILEY FACES to rate my answer!

Good luck and best regards,


Expert:  CaseLaw replied 1 year ago.

Hi there again,

I hope that you understood the above advice and that it was useful? Please leave positive feedback for me.

If you have a further question please ask it?