South Africa Law

Get your South African law questions answered by Experts

Our CC company Owns a property in Namibia, the company share…

Customer Question
Our CC company Owns...
Our CC company Owns a property in Namibia, the company share holders are Canadian/ Namibian citizen.There is a potential client from Zambia who wants to buy this property and his funds are in US dollars in Zambia.
The client wants to do this transaction through an international Law Corporation for property transfer here in Canada,Is there any possibility to do it legally? If yes what are the procedures?If so will you please introduce a Reputable Law firm?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: South Africa Law
1/25/2016
Lawyer: Shaie Zindel, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Shaie Zindel
Shaie Zindel, Attorney

Good Evening and thank you for this question. I just want to make sure we're on the same page please. Are you saying that payment to the Seller off shore and so will the transfer? I don't believe that can happen unless you leave the property in the CC and simply transfer the members interest to the offshore entity. That way the property remains registered in the original CC. There are a few issues to check: Can a foreign entity own a members interest in a CC; can payment for the members interest be made off shore? How will transfer duty or Vat be calculated? Please let me know if I have understood you correctly so far. Regards. Shaie

I am not satisfied with this ansewer at all! If I knew this details ,why should I ask from you.
Any ways forget about every thing.

Excuse me - I haven't even answered you yet! I'm trying to get information from you about the transaction so that I can answer you - if you don't know how the deal is going to be happening then how am I supposed to help you? I will be happy to assist you if you want my help - if not feel free to ask for another expert. Regards

Without giving a proper response you have already charged my credit card! I do not think this is ethical and legal!
Please give me a satisfactory answer with a research and without rushing to response or refund the amount.
Dissatisfied client.

Hi again - apologies but I haven't debited your credit card - please raise this issue with Customer Service - Experts have no access to your financial or billing info - all we do is answer your question. Regarding that question, I really would like to help you and get paid but in order to do so I need you to help me understand the question properly. I am not aware of an arrangement where an offshore entity can pass transfer of a property in a different jurisdiction it can only be done by the land authority or deeds office of that Country. Please review the question or give me more info and I will gladly assist you. Regards. Shaie

Barend B.
Barend B.
Barend B., Legal Consultant