South Africa Law

Get your South African law questions answered by Experts

On the 24 of December 2014 I had a stroke at work and it has…

Customer Question
On the 24 of December...
On the 24 of December 2014 I had a stroke at work and it has effected my performance as I lost a great deel of sight,am constantly dizzy and very forgetfull.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: South Africa Law
1/21/2016
Lawyer: Freddie Lombard, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Freddie Lombard
Freddie Lombard, Attorney

Good afternoon,

Please ask a specific question and I will gladly answer it for you. I do not mean to sound callous, but you have only made a statement, without asking anything.

Regards

I woul like to know if I qualify for workmans compensation as it was due to pressure on the given day that I got a stroke.Sorry I am not sure wether I send correctly. My question is do I qualify for workmans compensation as I had the stroke at work and it was work related stress that caused my stroke.If yes how should I go about?
Regards
Theo

Hi Theo

Unfortunately you will not be able to claim. Workers who are affected by occupational injuries and diseases are entitled to compensation. This diseases will have to be work related like someone who gets cancer from working with radiation etc.

I do not know if there is something else that I can assist you with or if you are satisfied with my answer. If you need further help, please post another question.

I know it will take an extra minute of your time to rate my service, but if you do not rate it, I do not get paid by the website so I would really appreciate it if you would be so kind as to rate my service positively. Feel free to ask further question here on this topic at no extra cost if you need more information. You can still ask a related question even after you have rated my service.

Regards