South Africa Law

Get your South African law questions answered by Experts

Wilfred Riddles.
, Enquiring about a family member

Customer Question
Wilfred Riddles. Lawyer's...

Wilfred Riddles.

Lawyer's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Enquiring about a family member who's house is about to be auctioned off by bank. I would like to help him but are not sure what the implications are going to be. As far as I am aware the court date is set for Friday 22 January 2016. Where he will be told that the bank has taken that action. We are trying to stop it. I will be paying off the mortgage but would need 2 to 3 weeks to do so. I can pay 2 thirds by next week. Need to know how we can stop this and also how I can ensure that I get my money back after house is sold. The house will be on sale as soon as we can get this issue solved. Outstanding balance is approximately R320,000.00. House valued at R1.2m.

Lawyer's Assistant: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to South Africa Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?

Yes I am.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: South Africa Law
1/21/2016
Lawyer: WCLawyer, Attorney replied 2 years ago
WCLawyer
WCLawyer, Attorney

Good Morning

So, if I understand you correctly, the bank is going to apply to court this Friday to get permission to sell the house?