How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Barend B. Your Own Question
Barend B.
Barend B., Legal Consultant
Category: South Africa Law
Satisfied Customers: 1362
Experience:  BLC LLB (Pret) LLM (Augsburg)
Type Your South Africa Law Question Here...
Barend B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My name is ash line. I'm in need of a court order to travel

Customer Question

Customer: hi my name is ***** ***** I'm in need of a court order to travel in and out SA for holiday purpose with my 5 year old child
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: the father is absent and we have no contact for the past 3 years.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to South Africa Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes i am i need to know what does it require to obtain such a court order and how long it will take.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: South Africa Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
in regards ***** ***** first question i also would like to inform u that the father of my child lives abroad and is not south african. my child was born abroad and have both citizenships.
Expert:  Barend B. replied 1 year ago.

Good evening,

If you say you have no contact with the father, does that mean that you don't know where he lives or work? If so, have you tried to trace him? If so, what attempts at tracing did you do?