How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Barend B. Your Own Question
Barend B.
Barend B., Legal Consultant
Category: South Africa Law
Satisfied Customers: 1356
Experience:  BLC LLB (Pret) LLM (Augsburg)
Type Your South Africa Law Question Here...
Barend B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm a 46 year old gay man who's been in a relationship years

Customer Question

I'm a 46 year old gay man who's been in a relationship for 27 years in the past three years I have suffered intolerable abuse mentally and physically - I understand that we do not qualify in terms of the law as common law partnership - besides this the constancy public displays of abuse are now taking its toll and I suffered one horrific encounter to wich I am and have being diagnosed with hiv my partner was party to this and I be alive that he should have protected me - and rather kept quiet I've tried to leave him before but he harasses me destroys furniture he even sent a letter wich resulted in my car being repossessed - we have a business in wich we are both owners and he's now told me to sell - besides loosing goods transport - cash I put into the business he still continues to Harrad me - accuse me of all sorts of things - I've tried in the past to get a protection order - and tried to get some form of legal assistance - I even had declare myself insolvent - I urgently need someone's help As the situation is now becoming critical if you can call me 071 *** ****
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: South Africa Law
Expert:  CaseLaw replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and thank you for your question,

I will try to assist you with your legal question but please feel free to ask as many follow up questions as you like until you are 100% satisfied.

How can I help you?

What legal questions do you have for me?

best regards,


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need to you to awnser my initial questions or refund me my R 400.00
Expert:  CaseLaw replied 1 year ago.


I've read your initial statement, but I still don't know what legal question you would like answered.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
im now going to take screen shots of this and post this hello Peter another internet scam
Expert:  CaseLaw replied 1 year ago.


This isn't a SCAM. If you want me to close your question and refund your money, just say so. It'll be done!

If you want me to assist with a proper legal question, please ask it! Your blurb above doesn't contain an actual question.

Expert:  Freddie Lombard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there

Just Answer is most certainly not a scam. It is a question and answer page so if you have a legal question, one of the experts will answer it for you on the website. The legal experts are not allowed to contact you directly without doing it through the website so if you want a telephonic conversation, you will have to rate this answer positively and then the expert will send you an additional offer (for which you will be charged additionally) that you can either phone him or email him.

If you can pen down your specific question, I will try to answer it here or if you then want to have a telephonic conversation, you need to rate the service positively and ask for additional services.

If however you feel that you would rather like to opt out and be refunded, you are welcome to send your request to the administrators (experts are 100% independent) and they WILL refund you as they have a 100% satisfaction guarantee or your money back.


Expert:  Freddie Lombard replied 1 year ago.

Please see the answer above. If you need further assistance, please continue on this thread.