How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Barend B. Your Own Question
Barend B.
Barend B., Legal Consultant
Category: South Africa Law
Satisfied Customers: 1362
Experience:  BLC LLB (Pret) LLM (Augsburg)
Type Your South Africa Law Question Here...
Barend B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm am a divorced parent with joint custody years already,

Customer Question

I'm am a divorced parent with joint custody for 7 years already , and I am still not allowed to see my child in alternate holidays , the mother refuses
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: South Africa Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The mother has previously withheld the child from us , for more than a year , we are however in constant contact with the child , where she smses us and can't wait to come visit us .
Expert:  Barend B. replied 1 year ago.

Good evening,

It is always sad when one parent uses visitation as a weapon against the other parent. The child suffers the most. If you have joint custody, then the mother is in breach of a court order. I would suggest that you contact the Centre for Child Law at the University of Pretoria. Because what you need is expert legal representation and not expert online advice. I know you are in the North West, but they can still represent you in the North West. The arrangement suggested of one week with the mother and 1 week with you is neither practical nor in the best interests of the child. A child needs stability.

Centre for Child Law contact details:

Ms Pontso Phahlane
Tel: +27 12(###) ###-####br />Fax: +27 12(###) ###-####br />E-mail: *****@******.***

Should you have any other questions for me, do not hesitate to ask.



Expert:  Barend B. replied 1 year ago.

Good day,

If you have any other questions regarding your query, I'll be happy to answer them.