How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask WCLawyer Your Own Question
WCLawyer, Attorney
Category: South Africa Law
Satisfied Customers: 15603
Experience:  L.LB (UOVS)
Type Your South Africa Law Question Here...
WCLawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My domestic ( 63 years ) worker is retiring. Worked years. I

Customer Question

My domestic ( 63 years ) worker is retiring.
Worked for me for 20 years. I would like to give her a part of her salary for at least another 10 months. What % would be okay?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: South Africa Law
Expert:  WCLawyer replied 1 year ago.

Good Evening

People don't like if I give them this answer, but the fact is that it is entirely up to you. According to labour legislation, if she is resigning, then you have no further obligation towards her for payment of anything, unless agreed to it in the employment agreement. So, because the law does not address this particular issue, it is completely up to you to pay her something or not and if you decide to pay, whatever amount you deem reasonable and affordable.

I sincerely ***** ***** I am making sense here, but if you have follow up questions before you rate, feel free to ask them at no extra cost. If you are satisfied with the service, kindly rate it positively.