Freddie Lombard
Freddie Lombard, Attorney
Experience:  Practicing attorney and conveyancer with 16 years post article experience.
75614155

Can a company withdraw a quote/proposal from a customer

Customer Question

Can a company withdraw a quote/proposal from a customer prior to acceptance from the customer?
Category: South Africa Law
Expert:  Freddie Lombard replied 1 year ago.

Good morning,

Thank you for your question. I will try to assist you in answering it today but please feel free to ask as many follow up questions as you like until you are 100% satisfied.

Yes, a company can do that unless the quote/proposal specifically states that it is irrevocable for a specified period of time. If it does not specifically state that it is irrevocable, then by nature it will be revocable. Until the quote/proposal is accepted, it is only an offer. Once it has been accepted by the customer however (assuming this acceptance takes place prior to the quote/proposal (offer) being revoked) then it becomes a valid and binding contract.

I hope this answered your question.

I know it will take an extra minute of your time to rate my service, but if you do not rate it, I do not get paid by the website so I would really appreciate it if you would be so kind as to rate my service positively. Feel free to ask further question here on this topic at no extra cost if you need more information.

Regards