Barend B.
Barend B., Legal Consultant
Experience:  BLC LLB (Pret) LLM (Augsburg)
20266670

We are Swiss citizen by birth and Siuth African by

Customer Question

Hi we are Swiss citizen by birth and Siuth African by naturalization. We have lived in SA since 1984. However we would like to become permanent Swiss residents, but also live in our house in Capetown most of the times. Is this possible and will their be any problems?
Category: South Africa Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How many month per year can we stay in South Africa and how many month in Switzerland
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  CaseLaw replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and thank you for your question,

I assume from your comments above that you current hold dual citizenship, South African and Swiss. That gives you certain rights, e.g. move freely into the country, vote, etc.

Why do you want to become a "permanent resident" in Switzerland? Where did you hear this concept from? Why is it important to you? Tax?

If you tell me a little more then maybe I can point you in the right direction.

Remember, for a foreigner moving to a different country, the first step is to become a permanent resident, the second step is to become a citizen. You've already done that ... so why the question?

Expert:  CaseLaw replied 1 year ago.

Hi there again,

I hope that you understood the above advice and that it was useful? Please leave positive feedback for me.

If you have a further question please ask it?

Regards

CaseLaw