How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Barend B. Your Own Question
Barend B.
Barend B., Legal Consultant
Category: South Africa Law
Satisfied Customers: 1364
Experience:  BLC LLB (Pret) LLM (Augsburg)
Type Your South Africa Law Question Here...
Barend B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

This is a very difficult question... If I am disbarred from

Customer Question

This is a very difficult question... If I am disbarred from the financial services board for a year( from 16/08/2015 to 16/08/2016) for gross negligence, can I Move with my wife ( she is applying to teach there for 2/4 years) to UAE to work at a financial services company on that side? will my debarment have an effect om my application on that side? Should I mention it when applying? The people I will put up as reverences from this side has my best interests at hart, so they will give great reverences.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: South Africa Law
Expert:  Shaie Zindel replied 1 year ago.

Hi Good Evening - this is a very interesting issue. If you are serving a type of suspension in SA this shouldn't automatically be a bar to working in a similar field in the UAE EXCEPT that your potential employer would have an interest in your present circumstances. If for example you were debarred because of a minor issue then disclosure is less important than for example an offence involving dishonesty. I would suggest that you tell the truth if asked directly but if you are not asked then legally I don't think you are obliged to disclose. From an ethical or moral point of view I think this is a bigger problem and non disclosure could definitely result in a further issue down the line. Let me know if this answers your question or if I can assist you further. Regards Shaie