How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Barend B. Your Own Question
Barend B.
Barend B., Legal Consultant
Category: South Africa Law
Satisfied Customers: 1356
Experience:  BLC LLB (Pret) LLM (Augsburg)
Type Your South Africa Law Question Here...
Barend B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I open an Incorporated doctor or a nursing sister in

Customer Question

How do I open an Incorporated for a doctor or a nursing sister in South Africa? What is the quickest way to do this? How long will it take?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: South Africa Law
Expert:  Shaie Zindel replied 1 year ago.

Good Evening and thanks for your question. Can you just clarify or supply more information please. What exactly are you looking to open and for what purpose? It sounds like you're referring to Company Registrations which I can help you with, I just want to be sure were on the same page. Regards Shaie

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi - I already have a facility with a conscious sedation theatre, two surgeons, a neurologist, a few GP's, a bunch of nurses, and a dental lab. All those practitioners and the entire facility has been functioning through one of the surgeons Incoporated bank accounts. This isn't practical anymore. The organisation needs to be registered and bill in its various parts. I need to know how to set up each part. Yes, company registrations of medical enterprises I guess you could call it
Expert:  Shaie Zindel replied 1 year ago.

Perfect - I've got you now. So simply put you should register a new professional Inc. with the CIPC (Company Registration Office) (visit this link:, once registered you will nominate 1 or more directors who will then be able to open bank accounts, get registered with the HPCSA (see link: I would suggest that you contract a firm who specialises in CIPC registrations for the Inc. Its not very expensive or time consuming. I registered a new (Pty) Ltd for myself a short while ago and I think the whole process cost like R2k and took around 3 weeks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi - I looked at the CPIC site, that was a useful pointer, but don't see anywhere to register a professional body. I've already looked at the HPCSA site and don't see anywhere to "register" a Doctor or Nurse Inc or a Medical Facility as a business so I'm not sure what you mean. Please be very specific as the answer provided is general and high level in the extreme and not detailed at all. I've paid for a detailed one. So far the only benefit has been directing me to the CPIC site. If you are not sure of the details please refer me to someone with experience in the relevant area which is Doctor Inc's and/or medical facilities in South Africa
Expert:  Shaie Zindel replied 1 year ago.

Hi Again - thanks for coming back to me. I ma happy to go into as much detail as you require. To be clear, there is no distinction in South Africa Corporate Law for the types of business that the entity will be housing except for very broad categories as defined in the Companies Act i.e. For Profit Company and Not For Profit Company; Your Memorandum of Incorporation (MOI) will set out the rules by which your company will operate. Once registered you can then contact the HPCSA for registration of the business and entity as approved and authorised bodies under their rules. The process is simple - its administrative and simply requires filling in forms and complying with their requirements. I'm not sure how much more detail you require?