How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Barend B. Your Own Question
Barend B.
Barend B., Legal Consultant
Category: South Africa Law
Satisfied Customers: 1356
Experience:  BLC LLB (Pret) LLM (Augsburg)
Type Your South Africa Law Question Here...
Barend B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son was sued vehicle accident. We received a invoice from

Customer Question

Hi my son was sued for a vehicle accident. We received a invoice from the complainant lawyer to settle the amount. We paid this and a week later got a call from the lady that work at the lawyer saying she was in trouble because she made a mistake with her invoice and now wants us to pay an extra R11000.00 to them. Is this legal as this is their mistakes and not mine.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: South Africa Law
Expert:  CaseLaw replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and thank you for your question,

Did the amount that you paid to the lawyer represent the capital amount (i.e. the damages) or did it represent the complainant's lawyer's legal fees? If legal fees, what was the agreement that you would pay? Was it ALL of the legal fees, or the legal fees calculated according to the high court tariff, and if on the tariff was it the party-party fees or the attorney-client fees?

If my answer hasn't answered all of your questions, please send me a REPLY with follow up questions so that I can continue to assist you in this same thread for as long as you need. Let me know if you need more advice - don't just rate my answer as "bad".

If my are HAPPY with my answer then please click one of the SMILEY FACES to rate my answer and then click the GREEN ACCEPT button to accept the answer.

Good luck and best regards,


Please note: This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please consult a local attorney in person for legal advice. This information is being provided so you can better discuss legal matters with your attorney.