How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask WCLawyer Your Own Question
WCLawyer, Attorney
Category: South Africa Law
Satisfied Customers: 15603
Experience:  L.LB (UOVS)
Type Your South Africa Law Question Here...
WCLawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If my wife and I divorce, and she wants to move to another

Customer Question

if my wife and I divorce, and she wants to move to another city. can I put a restraining order to prevent her from taking the children, away to that city so I cannot see them
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: South Africa Law
Expert:  WCLawyer replied 2 years ago.
Good AfternoonYes, you can approach a High Court, requesting an order that she does not move the children to a new city. You would, however, have to prove that it would be in the interest of the children that the court grant such an order. The court will obviously take the personal circumstances of both parties into consideration as well. For instance, if it is not possible for the mother to support the children without moving, then the court is likely to allow the move, provided that you are not refused reasonable access.I am sorry for the cryptic nature of the answer, but this is the best I can do at this stage with the information at my disposal. If you have follow up questions before you rate, feel free to ask them at no extra cost. If you are satisfied with the service, kindly rate it positively.