How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Barend B. Your Own Question
Barend B.
Barend B., Legal Consultant
Category: South Africa Law
Satisfied Customers: 1364
Experience:  BLC LLB (Pret) LLM (Augsburg)
Type Your South Africa Law Question Here...
Barend B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We have a shop at a mall and now it's 3 months that we did

Customer Question

Hi we have a shop at a mall and now it's 3 months that we did not pay the rent .but it have proof off emails that I was sending to the head office to cancel my lease at 2 months ago which the mall has my deposit kept they never get back to me as yet am under so much stress
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: South Africa Law
Expert:  Freddie Lombard replied 2 years ago.
Good morning, Please ask a specific question to enable me to answer you. What is it exactly that you want to know? Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
We are having rent issues
Expert:  CaseLaw replied 2 years ago.
Hi there, This is a further information request so that I can provide you a proper answer to your legal question. Please continue in this same question thread.If you say that you cancelled the lease 2 months ago, can I please check that your lease agreement has a clause in it that says you can give the landlord 2 months' notice to cancel the lease? Most commercial leases are for a fixed terms (e.g. 5 years) and neither the landlord nor the tenant can cancel the lease within that period... unless it is by mutual agreement.Have you moved out of the leased premises if you have cancelled the lease? If I understand you right, you owe the landlord 3 months' rental, and the landlord has your deposit?Awaiting your further information.RegardsCaseLaw