How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Freddie Lombard Your Own Question
Freddie Lombard
Freddie Lombard, Attorney
Category: South Africa Law
Satisfied Customers: 2636
Experience:  Practicing attorney and conveyancer with 16 years post article experience.
Type Your South Africa Law Question Here...
Freddie Lombard is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

JJ. I am looking very good divorce lawyer. My husband

Customer Question

Hi JJ. I am looking for a very good divorce lawyer. My husband started having an affair in January 2015. I found out in April 2015. He loves children and we haven't had any, we were working towards going to fertility clinics to find out why as we were not financially sound at the time. He lost his job 2 years ago and we have financial problems since. The women he is seeing took advantage of the situation secretly contacting him and her baby was what attracted him to her. She is apparently in an abusive marriage (verbal). My husband has taken it apon himself to be there for her behind the seens. When I found out he assured me that nothing happened and that he will end it. Our relationship has deteriorated since then and I discovered messages between the 2 of them where he is planning or in a process to divorce me. Apparently her husband moved out and it seems that my husband has been seeing her and lying to me about where he goes. He is even looking for a place for them. I need a very good lawyer. This is the worst time of my life. Please help.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: South Africa Law
Expert:  Freddie Lombard replied 2 years ago.
Good morning,
Thank you for your question. I will try to assist you in answering it today but please feel free to ask as many follow up questions as you like until you are 100% satisfied.
I am so sorry to hear about your situation. This is indeed a very difficult time.
The short answer to your question is that this site is not a site where you can find an attorney, but rather a question and answer site where you can get answers to general legal questions. I am happy to answer any question you may have about legal matters.
As far as finding an attorney is concerned, there are a number of really great attorneys who specialise in family matters and divorces. In terms of the policies of this website, I am not allowed to make any specific referral but, you can search on and find an attorney with specialist family law/divorce law skills.
I would suggest that you contact a couple of them and find out what their fees are, ask for references and then decide on one that you feel comfortable with and that you feel is capable of handling your divorce.
I hope this answered your question.
I know it will take an extra minute of your time to rate my service, but if you do not rate it, I do not get paid by the website so I would really appreciate it if you would be so kind as to rate my service positively. Feel free to ask further question here on this topic at no extra cost if you need more information.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Once I receive the summons, will our assets be frozen?
Expert:  Freddie Lombard replied 2 years ago.
Are you married in community of property?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Expert:  Freddie Lombard replied 2 years ago.
And what do you mean with your assets being frozen?
There is no reason at all why you would not be able to continue as normal until the date of divorce.