How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Mike Otis Your Own Question
Mike Otis
Mike Otis, Legal Advisor
Category: South Africa Law
Satisfied Customers: 2161
Experience:  B.Comm; LL.B; LL.M.
Type Your South Africa Law Question Here...
Mike Otis is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Is there anyway you can get out of a nag speeding fine without

Customer Question

Is there anyway you can get out of a nag speeding fine without getting a criminal record
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: South Africa Law
Expert:  Mike Otis replied 2 years ago.
Welcome, and thank you for your question.
In order to enable me to assist, kindly provide further information:
1. How was your daughter caught?
2. How was she notified of the offence in the first place?
Yours faithfully
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
She was caught by camera. As the car is registered in my husband's name a notice of the offence was delivered to our home address. My husband send them an affidivat that he was not the driver and her details as the driver. She has not received a summons yet but we believe the case is already with the prosecutor
Expert:  Mike Otis replied 2 years ago.
In other words, your daughter has not received any notification about a pending case? If so, one will have to wait and see if anything ever comes of it. It would be premature to try and do something about the matter if no case is pending yet.
In the meantime, your daughter would be free to apply for her visa as if she has no cases pending against her.
Yours faithfully