How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask WCLawyer Your Own Question
WCLawyer, Attorney
Category: South Africa Law
Satisfied Customers: 15603
Experience:  L.LB (UOVS)
Type Your South Africa Law Question Here...
WCLawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Good day, quick question... I had an agreement with a seller

Customer Question

Good day, quick question... I had an agreement with a seller to purchase my house. We have made arrangements; everything has been signed and sealed It is now up for registration at the Deeds Office. Can the purchaser cancel the sale agreement? All monies has already been paid and its with the Transfer Attorney. What are my rights as the seller?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: South Africa Law
Expert:  WCLawyer replied 2 years ago.
Good day and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try and assist you today.
You can only ever cancel a contract if:
1. There is a material breach in the contract;
2. There is an agreement to which all parties have agreed to cancel
3. Performance from either party becomes impossible because of something out of their control.
So, if the purchaser indicates that he wishes to cancel, he must have a very good and very valid reason for it. It cannot be because of buyers remorse, for instance.
If he indicates that he wants to cancel, or he refuses to take action in order to have that transfer passed, you can actually compel him to do so through the courts, through an application for specific performance.
I am not sure if this answers your question. So if you have follow up questions before you rate, feel free to ask them at no extra cost. If you are satisfied with the service, kindly rate it positively

Related South Africa Law Questions