How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CaseLaw Your Own Question
CaseLaw, Attorney
Category: South Africa Law
Satisfied Customers: 1569
Experience:  BCom; LLB; Masters in Law
Type Your South Africa Law Question Here...
CaseLaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need a criminal record previous resident of south

Customer Question

i need a criminal record for a previous resident of south africa
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: South Africa Law
Expert:  CaseLaw replied 2 years ago.
Hi there and thank you for your question,
You will need to apply for a Police Clearance Certificate for that person.
The process is set out here:
Unfortunately the process is time consuming, and you can only apply for your own Police Clearance Certificate - not somebody else.
If there is a part of the answer which you need more advice on, or clarity please continue in this same thread instead of opening a new question.
Att. Patrick
Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow up questions please use the REPLY button and ask. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered. I hope you found my answer helpful, and you have finished asking your questions, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button in order to mark the question as closed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Would hiring a private investigator in that area be helpful? Or are they required to go through the same steps you told me to do?
Expert:  CaseLaw replied 2 years ago.
They would need to go through the same steps - unless he had a "contact" in the SAPS. So it may be useful to try that route!