How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask WCLawyer Your Own Question
WCLawyer, Attorney
Category: South Africa Law
Satisfied Customers: 15603
Experience:  L.LB (UOVS)
Type Your South Africa Law Question Here...
WCLawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If a third party is intefering in your maritial affairs and

This answer was rated:

If a third party is intefering in your maritial affairs and you have requested them on two different ocassions to stop it by sending them a text message can they sue you for doing so and what are my legal rights?
Good day and thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try and assist you today.

In order to provide you with the most accurate answer, I may have to ask you a lot of questions. This may seem tedious and irrelevant, but trust me, there is a reason for every question. So please be patient throughout the process and if it takes a little long for me to come back to you, it is probably because I am researching your answer. I hope that is okay.

Is it your intention to get a divorce?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No it is not my intention to get divorce, my intension is to fight for my marraige

She can possibly sue you but she is not going to get far. There is an old legal maxim that the law does not busy itself with frivolities and two sms's is certainly nothing that the legal system is going to take not of, I assure you.

Having said that, it is only your husband that can tell her not to contact him anymore and it is only your husband that can approach a court to obtain such an interdict. There is nothing that you can do from your side to prevent her from contacting him or visiting him or anything in that regard, other than to warn her (and warn her only once) that if she continues with these actions and it ends in divorce, you are going to sue her for breaking up your marriage. For good measure, you need to tell your husband the same (if he is indeed a party to this).

I am not sure what else I can advise you on, but if you have follow up questions before you rate, feel free to ask them at no extra cost. If you are satisfied with the service, kindly rate it positively.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have already informed my husband to inform her that I will sue her for breaking up my marraige should this situation come to a divorce my husband requested me to stop sending messages of warning to her as he stateted that it was creating problems for him at work, I told him that he has to tell her to stop it cause she would be the cause of him possibly loosing his job because she has already put a grievance in to the HR Department about the warning messages that I send her and he was called in but because i don't work at the same company I would not know what the outcome of the discussion between them was. I was informed by my husband that she was having marritial problems and I told him not to make it his problem I did warn him a few times that he was getting to familiar with her and it was not acceptable

I understand the problem, but unfortunately, the proverbial ball is totally in your husband's court. From a legal standpoint, you cannot prevent contact between them and if she is pushing her advances at work, he can press charges against her for sexual harassment or improper conduct.
WCLawyer and other South Africa Law Specialists are ready to help you