How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Barend B. Your Own Question
Barend B.
Barend B., Legal Consultant
Category: South Africa Law
Satisfied Customers: 1364
Experience:  BLC LLB (Pret) LLM (Augsburg)
Type Your South Africa Law Question Here...
Barend B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I Inspector of Mines, I have been threatened with a knife at

This answer was rated:

I Inspector of Mines, I have been threatened with a knife at work by a clerk working at the DMR because he was not invited to a braai, and I told the Principal Inspector of Mines that personally myself invited him on the meeting where all the inspectorate was present. I reported to the police. What more can I do in this case
Good afternoon,

You say that you reported the matter to the Principal Inspector of Mines. If that report took the form of a grievance or a complaint and either a grievance procedure or disciplinary process is now in motion, the only other things you could do is to get an interdict against this person and to sue this person for civil damages. But I would advise you to wait with such action until the criminal charge has been dealt with by the courts. If found guilty, your civil action would be so much easier to win.

Barend B. and other South Africa Law Specialists are ready to help you