How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask WCLawyer Your Own Question
WCLawyer, Attorney
Category: South Africa Law
Satisfied Customers: 15603
Experience:  L.LB (UOVS)
Type Your South Africa Law Question Here...
WCLawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was involved in an accident in November 2011, charges of

This answer was rated:

I was involved in an accident in November 2011, charges of drunken driving and reckless driving has been brought up against me, 3 police man have given statements against me of which I disagree with their statements, can I challenge their statements in court?
Good day and thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try and assist you today.

Remember that the statements is basically a summary of the evidence that they are going to give on trial. You can challenge their testimony and this is done through cross-examination.

If there are inconsistencies in their prior statements and their testimony, that can be brought up during cross-examination.

So, if your question is whether you can make the statements "go away" because you don't agree with the contents thereof, then the answer is no, you cannot. You can, however, challenge the truthfulness of the testimony and, by extension, the affidavits through cross-examination at the trial.

I hope I have answered all of your questions and addressed all your concerns, but if you have follow up questions before you rate, feel free to ask them at no extra cost. If you are satisfied with the service, kindly rate it positively.
WCLawyer and other South Africa Law Specialists are ready to help you