How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JJ Your Own Question
JJ, Attorney
Category: South Africa Law
Satisfied Customers: 4502
Experience:  Admitted Attorney 17 years experience
Type Your South Africa Law Question Here...
JJ is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a contract with a chartered accountant firm which are

This answer was rated:

I have a contract with a chartered accountant firm which are not keeping to there contract. One of the problems are that I have paid them for my VAT registration last year November and have still not been registered after they told me that it would take about a month to register. For the last month and a half I have been sending them emails requisting a answer on my vat reg and have tried to contact them numerous times but they just dont answer my calls or get back to my.

Is there a regulating authority that I can complaint to for chartered accountants?
What do you suggest I do?

Hi and welcome!

My name isXXXXX you for giving me the opportunity to assist you.

Are they based in KZN?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hey JJ, my name isXXXXX for helping me out.


They are based in JHB but have a branch in newcastle KZN. Problem is the person that was in charge of the newcastle office took up a new job about 3 months ago and the one staff that is left only deals with personal tax.



Hi Jaun

I attach ereto the link to the SA Institute of Chartered Accountants. The link is to the complaints page and you can follow the process as set out on this page:

Please let me know if you struggle and will see how I can assist further.

Please ask more if not clear.

JJ and other South Africa Law Specialists are ready to help you