How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JJ Your Own Question
JJ, Attorney
Category: South Africa Law
Satisfied Customers: 4502
Experience:  Admitted Attorney 17 years experience
Type Your South Africa Law Question Here...
JJ is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughter is being dismissed by her employer (one month notice)

This answer was rated:

My daughter is being dismissed by her employer (one month notice) due to poor workmanship and neglect for which she was verbally reprimanded a number of times. None of the reprimanding was in writing, nor was there any formal disciplinary hearing of which there is any proof of. Furthermore, she was given the letter of service termination and told to sign it, which she did in fear, after she has offered her letter of resignation which was refused by the employer. The service termination letter from the employer states that the employer has no further financial obligation towards the employee, as I understand for the month of notice, therefore no pay. What should she do?

Hi and welcome!

My name isXXXXX you for giving me the opportunity to assist you.

Does she want to leave this company, or would she like to stay on? How long was she employed there for?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

She has been employed for 6 months and wants to leave the company as the work is not what she wanted to do, (Fashion industry)

Hi Chris

She can actually give two weeks notice and leave. She has to be paid for those two weeks and they need to make the payment accordingly.

If they do not pay her then she can lodge a complaint with the department of labour and they will investigate it. This is regardless to what she has signed.

Please ask more if not clear?

JJ and other South Africa Law Specialists are ready to help you