How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Shaie Zindel Your Own Question
Shaie Zindel
Shaie Zindel, Attorney
Category: South Africa Law
Satisfied Customers: 1248
Experience:  All areas of commercial and contract Law - specialist in property advice.
Type Your South Africa Law Question Here...
Shaie Zindel is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a house with a beautiful sea view. My neighbour in front

This answer was rated:

I have a house with a beautiful sea view. My neighbour in front is building a new house at has planted big trees all along the back of his house in the verge. These trees when fully grown will block my sea view. The neighbour bought the house, completely demolished it and built a new house. I have been living year for 30 year. I can I object and ask that he plants trees/ shrubs that would not impede my views. Jan b

Shaie Zindel : Good Morning and thanks for the question - I agree that this will amount to an unlawful interference with your use and enjoyment of your property. It's not like he's using his land to build a building but the trees are simply a beautification tool which weighed up against your rights seems like an unnecessary infringement to me. I would try having a nice neighborly discussion in the hope of resolving any potential dispute. If that doesn't work you will need to consider instructing an attorney to take steps under Neighbour Law. I hope this helps and wish you luck. Please remember to rate my service so far. Regards Shaie
Shaie Zindel and other South Africa Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related South Africa Law Questions