How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JJ Your Own Question
JJ, Attorney
Category: South Africa Law
Satisfied Customers: 4502
Experience:  Admitted Attorney 17 years experience
Type Your South Africa Law Question Here...
JJ is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi there, I have been undermined by someone who reports to

This answer was rated:

Hi there, I have been undermined by someone who reports to me. My name & reputation have been ruined in 4 years. I desperately need assistance as I walked out of my job last week; after 25 years. This person has used her staff to gang up against me. My boss does not support me anymore and has disciplined me for what people say; even what people think. I am considering a few disputes, namely, against the person concerned, the people who knew what was going on and through their silence are implicated, then my boss (employer) for not providing a safe, fair environment and for perpetuating the problem. I hope you can give me some guidance, direction, and possibly also where I can get legal representation (Sandton). Thanks. Bev

Hi and welcome!

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you.

Is this purely performance related issues or were there defamatory remarks made as well?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes, it's defamation of character. She twists everything I say and do. It's like being under a's malice and sabotage. Rumor mongering - she will get her staff to complain about me then she sits back and tells my boss how wonderful I am. She will sell her own staff under the bus. She has ruined people's careers by making them believe that I am a rotten apple and that their only way out is to resign. I don't know if I can recover from this. I am being treated for depression.

Hi Bev

It certainly sounds like there is merits in your case. As you have indicated that you are in Sandton I have provided you with a link for assistance infinding the right person to assist you. You will need a lawyer to progress the matter either in the CCMA or on a civil claim basis. It certainly sounds like here was an element of constructive dismissal as well.

JJ and other South Africa Law Specialists are ready to help you