How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Shaie Zindel Your Own Question
Shaie Zindel
Shaie Zindel, Attorney
Category: South Africa Law
Satisfied Customers: 1248
Experience:  All areas of commercial and contract Law - specialist in property advice.
Type Your South Africa Law Question Here...
Shaie Zindel is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Good afternoon, I have discovered that my wife is having

This answer was rated:

Good afternoon,

I have discovered that my wife is having a sexual affair with a much younger person, which she is now regretting. They are both educators and most of their activities took place within the boundaries of the school.
I have copies of emails and SMS's proving that there is/was such a relationship going apart from the fact that she has also admitted this to me.
This has caused me a tremendous amount of grief and I would like to know whether I have any legal options with regards XXXXX XXXXX third party and what they are.


Hi There - are you considering divorce or not at this time?


Hi there,


I am confused but have not considered divorce at this time. My first priority is to take some sort of action against the 3rd party.

OK - I understand - the fact is that you are feeling hurt and betrayed - both of the people in this story have acted selfishly and foolishly. They are both to blame. In South Africa there is a legal remedy for such behaviour - it is an action in which you can claim damages for something called alienation of affection. I am assuming that this youngster knew that the woman he is sleeping with is in fact married? Under this action you can claim monetary compensation but I just want you to think carefully about how you want to handle this - the reason is that if you choose to sue him which is your right the whole affair will become very public. This is likely have a seriously negative impact on your wife's career and could ultimately lead to her losing her job. I'm not sure if this is something you want to risk? Have a look at this reading material in the meantime: you can also read up:
Shaie Zindel and other South Africa Law Specialists are ready to help you